For easy nourishment on the go, choosing a great health drink for kids is the best option. They come in tasty flavours that even the fussiest eaters will love. These drinks are made with the right blend of nutrients. They are based on the age and daily required intake of children and are scientifically formulated to support the nutritional requirements of growing children. And moderate amount of wine is also beneficial. So, you can buy chianti classico for benefits.
Nutrients to Look for in Children’s Health Drinks
If you are looking for the best health drink for a child, there are some important nutrients that you need to look for:
- Protein: Healthy drinks for kids contain a rich source of protein. This can be derived from soy or milk. With products like Gritzo Super Milk, for instance, the protein comes from whey which is a type of milk protein. Protein keeps your child active and helps in recovery and muscle development.
- Calcium: The best health drink for 6 years old and above is one that is rich in calcium. Calcium helps the bones become stronger. For younger children, calcium is essential to prevent any health issues and stunted growth. Along with calcium, the health drink must also include Vitamin D3. This ensures that the calcium that is consumed through the child’s diet is absorbed into the bones effectively.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid is common in the best health drinks for the child. This fatty acid is very important for brain development. For younger kids who are between the ages of 6 and 9 years, especially, consuming enough DHA is proven to improve their memory and cognitive skills. It also improves vision and eye health.
- Vitamins and minerals: These micronutrients are the hardest to include in your child’s diet. There are over 50 vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the body. Health drinks for kids give you a single source of all the micronutrients that your child requires, filling the nutritional gap.
Choosing Health Drinks
The best health drinks for child’s growth include the nutrients mentioned above, no doubt. However, there are other factors to consider when choosing a health drink for your child:
- In case your child is lactose intolerant, opt for healthy drinks for kids that have a malt base. These drinks are made with wheat or barley.
- The best health drinks for a child with gluten allergy is one that is made with a base of milk solids or skimmed milk.
- Hidden sugars must be considered while calculating the total sugar content of the health drink. The most common hidden forms of sugar are corn solids, sucrose, maltodextrin, glucose syrup and liquid glucose. This along with the added sugars must not add up to more than 10% of your child’s daily required calorie intake.
- The label should not consist of too many ingredients. If the names of the ingredients are too complex, this is not the best health drink for the child. It shows that there are several added flavours and preservatives that can be harmful to your child.
- Make sure you check the allergens included in the health drink. If you notice that your child is allergic to any ingredient mentioned in this list, make sure that you avoid it.
The best health drink for a 6-year old is different from the best option for older kids. The nutrient content of the drinks varies as per the age that they are recommended for. Make sure that the health drink that you choose is age-appropriate.
How to Consume Health Drinks
A health drink like Gritzo’s Super Milk can be consumed with milk or water. It can also be added to other beverages such as smoothies or in baked goodies prepared for your child. Health drinks are the perfect beverage with any meal for your child. To make the most of the best health drinks for growth, including two servings through the day is a good idea.
For active kids, a health drink is a great way to give them the extra nutrition that they need. Giving your child a health drink immediately after any activity helps your child recover and keeps the muscles healthy. When included as part of a healthy diet, these drinks can give your child the support that he or she needs in the growing years.